Summary of Human Rights Record of the US in 2002
The Information Office of China's State Council published an article titled "The Human Rights Record of the United States in 2002" Thursday in response to the US State Department's " Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2002".
Among the findings:
- Ineffective Protection of Life and Security of Person
- Serious Human Rights Violation by Law Enforcement Officials
- Money-driven Democracy
- Poverty, Hunger and Homelessness
- Women and Children are in Worrisome Situation
- Deep-rooted Racial Discrimination
- Blunt Violations of Human Rights in Other Countries
- Double Standards in International Field of Human Rights
To be fair, I spotted a couple inaccuracies, such as the link for New Mexico taking the reader to Mexico. Regardless, it is how the US is seen in other countries. There is plenty of work to be done at home, cleaning our own yard, yet, the US seems intent on telling others what to plant in their yard without understanding the climate and growing conditions.
posted by Cyndy